Sunday, October 28, 2012

Current Creativity Exercise

Screen_shot_2012-10-24_at_12
 I'm participating in a six-week Stanford University online creativity class involving 30,000 people from all over the world organized into creative teams. This week's assignment is to "be more attentive."  Specifically, we are to observe and record what we see at four retail outlets. From these observations will come opportunities to improve the way customers are serviced.

I am a lawyer and writer, and  maybe more importantly I'm a dad. Every one of these roles requires I pay attention and come up with creative solutions. I'm sure creativity is a major part of your world also.  Why not reframe the way you look at the world today to explore the possibility of other answers?

 The picture is my team's report from our first week. Fairly clear from the outset was that we were to create not only the way we approach a problem but the way we report the solution.

 

No comments: